The best place to stay in Bodrum will depend on your preferences and what you want to experience during your trip. Here are a few recommendations for different types of travelers:
- Bodrum City Center: If you’re looking for a vibrant atmosphere with plenty of bars, restaurants, and shopping options, then the Bodrum City Center is a great place to stay. You’ll be close to Bodrum Castle, the marina, and many of the city’s other top attractions.
- Gumbet: Gumbet is a popular destination for beachgoers, with a long stretch of sandy beach and plenty of water sports activities. It’s also just a short drive from the city center, making it a convenient base for exploring the wider area.
- Yalikavak: Yalikavak is a quieter destination that’s perfect for travelers looking for a more relaxed atmosphere. The town is known for its marina, which is home to some of the region’s best seafood restaurants, and there are several nearby beaches to explore.
- Turgutreis: Turgutreis is located on the western side of the Bodrum Peninsula and is known for its beautiful sunsets and calm waters. The town has a laid-back vibe and is home to several luxury resorts and spas.
- Bodrum Peninsula: If you’re looking for a more secluded getaway, then the Bodrum Peninsula is a great option. There are several small villages dotted along the coast, each with their own unique charm and character. This is a great option if you’re looking for a peaceful retreat away from the crowds.
Ultimately, the best place to stay in Bodrum will depend on your interests and what you want to experience during your trip. No matter where you stay, however, you’re sure to enjoy the city’s beautiful beaches, rich history, and vibrant culture.